Saturday, February 18, 2006

Jan is HOME!

Jan is Home Today!
Jan entered this world on January 1, 1978 on an icy and snowy night. On February 17, 2006 at 7:30 p.m., it started to sleet and snow and near 8:30 pm Jan took one last breath on earth and then took the next in Heaven. How blessed we were to have Jan for twenty eight years on earth. she taught us what life is really about!

A friend wrote this poem about Jan:
Jan
You went home today!
We always knew this day would come
We've been so blessed to have you these many years.
Your Father and your daddy
Received you into their arms today
Can we be sad?
No....for You've been our joy and our inspiration
Our gift of you, so very sweet
A miracle we could not have had the wisdom to ask for.
Yet, God allowed you to be our precious girl
You assured us of the great heart of God.
You taught us what patience really is.
Did you know precious girl, the hearts and lives you touched?
Did you know you were sent to assure us of God's presence, purpose and unfailing love?
God has always spoken to us through Angels.
You, precious girl, Angel sent from Him
Spoke volumes into many lives and became His message of love.
And...you went home today
We rejoiced in your coming...We rejoice in your going.
Our precious girl is home today.
B.J. 2/2006
Writtern by Bettye Jones (Oklahoma City, OK )

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

DEAR PAM,WHEN MY SON LEFT THIS EARTH I WROTE FROM A MOTHER'S HEART. I REMEMBERED LARRY AS A MOTHER WOULD, REMEMBERING THINGS A MOTHER WOULD REMEMBER. SOMEHOW,AS I WROTE OF JAN'S HOMEGOING I SENSED GOD GIVING ME THOUGHTS OF YOU, JAN'S LOVING MOTHER. I AM IN AWE OF GOD'S PRESENCE IN ALL OUR EXPERIENCES. HE WAS SO REAL, SO PRESENT IN EVERY MOMENT OF JAN'S LIFE. I SHARE IN YOUR JOY AND YOUR SORROW AT JAN'S HOMEGOING, LOVE YOU. BETTYE JONES

voni said...

Dear Pam, I pressed on the book title calm my anxcouse heart tonight and your name came up. Your story touched my heart. I lifted you up before the throne of grace tonight precious sister.

voni said...

Pam, Its amazing how God can create beauty from our pain. I can tell from this blog that He is creating a jewel. Not that we are amazing but that He can do amazing things through us. May God bless you and give you peace today. Thanks for leaving a reply:)

voni said...

I have loved going through Beth's Moores studies. She has done much to encourage me to walk in truth even if that means truthfully facing the painful things in life. Her Breaking Free series was live changing and came at a critical time in my live. God is so good. It's amazing how when He shows us our need that He also reveils Himself. I love that He is our blessed controller.
Your daughter-in -law sounds busy:)

voni said...

Hi Pam, I pop in here every once in a whilke to see if you have written anything new. Hope you are doing well. I pray for you when I see your name on my blog. May God continue to grant you peace, voni